Advantages of laser cutting technology in industrial applications
November 2, 2021
Laser cutting technology is a comprehensive high-tech technology. It spans disciplines such as optics, materials science and engineering, mechanical manufacturing, numerical control technology and electronic technology. It belongs to a hot spot in the scientific and technological circles and industrial circles at home and abroad. For more than 50 years, laser processing technology and applications have developed rapidly. It is combined with many disciplines to form multiple technical application fields. The main processing technologies of laser include: laser cutting, laser welding, laser marking, laser drilling, laser heat treatment, laser rapid prototyping, laser coating, etc.
Laser cutting technology is the main application of laser technology in the industry. It has accelerated the transformation of traditional processing industry and provided new means for modern industrial processing. It has become the most widely used laser processing method in industrial processing. At present, laser cutting technology has been widely used in machinery manufacturing, bridge construction, sheet metal processing, ship and automobile manufacturing, electronic and electrical, aerospace and other pillar industries of the national economy. With the continuous progress and application of science and technology, laser cutting technology is bound to further develop in other fields.
In the past few years, laser processing technology has developed rapidly, and its applications have become increasingly widespread. Therefore, lasers are called "universal processing tools" and "universal processing methods for future manufacturing systems." Due to the widespread use of laser processing technology, enterprises in developed industrial countries are undergoing qualitative changes. Laser cutting technology is the main application of laser technology in the industry. It accelerates the transformation of traditional processing industry and provides new means for modern industrial processing. It has become the most widely used laser processing method in the industrial processing field and can solve the problems of the entire laser processing industry. More than 70%.
Laser cutting effectively uses a focused high-power density laser beam to irradiate the workpiece. Under the premise of the laser power density exceeding the laser threshold, the energy of the laser beam and the chemical reaction heat added by the active gas-assisted cutting process are all absorbed by the material, which leads to a sharp rise in the temperature of the laser. After reaching the boiling point, the material begins to evaporate and form a pore. When the beam moves relative to the workpiece, the material is finally cut, and the deposits at the slit are blown away by some auxiliary gas.
Laser cutting has the characteristics of wide cutting range, fast cutting speed, narrow cut, good cutting quality, small heat-affected zone, and great flexibility. It has been widely used in modern industry. Laser cutting technology has also become laser processing technology. One of the most mature technologies. Compared with other light, laser has the following characteristics: high brightness, high directivity, high monochromaticity and high coherence. It is precisely because of the four characteristics of laser that it is widely used, so that laser processing has the following valuable features that are not available in traditional processing:
(1) Since there is no contact processing, and the energy and moving speed of the laser beam are adjustable, various processing can be realized.
(2) It can be used to process various metals and non-metals, especially materials with high hardness, high brittleness and high melting point.
(3) There is no "tool" wear during laser processing, and no "cutting force" acts on the workpiece.
(4) The heat-affected zone of the laser processing workpiece is small, the thermal deformation of the workpiece is small, and the subsequent processing is less.
(5) The laser can perform various treatments on the workpiece in the closed container through the transparent medium.
(6) The laser is easy to guide. Through focusing, it can realize the conversion in all directions, and it is easy to cooperate with the numerical control system to process complex workpieces. Therefore, laser cutting is a very flexible cutting method.
(7) Laser processing has high production efficiency, stable and reliable processing quality, and significant economic and social benefits.