What are the precautions for fiber laser cutting machine cutting carbon steel
September 14, 2021
When the fiber laser cutting machine is cutting carbon steel materials, due to the high hardness of carbon steel, in order to avoid problems, it is necessary to check and maintain the fiber optic equipment frequently. And if there is a problem during processing, it is necessary to investigate from all aspects of the fiber laser cutting machine. Under normal cutting conditions, the effect of cutting carbon steel should be burr-free and the traction line should be consistent. So what problems should the fiber laser cutting machine pay attention to when cutting carbon steel plates? Big Picture Laser will answer for you.
1. Possible reasons include:
(1) When the laser focus position is shifted, do a focus position test and adjust according to the shift amount of the laser focus;
(2) The output power of the laser is not enough. It is necessary to check whether the laser generator is working normally. If it is normal, observe whether the output value of the laser control button is correct, and adjust it if it is not correct;
(3) The cutting line speed is too slow, and it is necessary to increase the line speed during operation control;
(4) The purity of the cutting gas is not enough, and it is necessary to provide high-quality cutting working gas;
(5) Instability of the machine tool running for too long, it needs to be shut down and restarted at this time.
2. The laser is not completely cut
The reason why the laser is not completely cut:
(1) The choice of laser nozzle does not match the thickness of the processing plate, and the nozzle or processing plate needs to be replaced;
(2) The laser cutting line speed is too fast, and the operation control is required to reduce the line speed.
(3) Abnormal sparks appear when cutting mild steel
When cutting low-carbon steel normally, the fire line is long, flat and less split. When abnormal sparks appear, it will affect the smoothness and processing quality of the cut section of the workpiece.
At this time, when other parameters are normal, the following conditions should be considered:
(1) The nozzle of the laser head is seriously worn out, and the nozzle should be replaced in time;
(2) In the absence of a new nozzle replacement, the cutting working gas pressure should be increased;
(3) If the thread at the connection between the nozzle and the laser head is loose, you should immediately stop cutting at this time, check the connection status of the laser head, and re-install the thread.